This map shows Number of homicides per 100,000 people rank in United States Peace Index (USPI) 2011.
Number of homicides per 100,000 people rank is one of the five indicators use to produce United States Peace Index.
The five indicators and their weights assigned to each indicator are:
- Number of homicides per 100,000 people: 4
- Number of violent crimes per 100,000 people: 4
- Number of jailed population per 100,000 people: 3
- Number of police employees per 100,000 people: 3
- Availability of small arms: 1
The United States Peace Index (USPI) is the first in a series of national peace indices that will build on the work of the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) in measuring and understanding the fabric of peace. The Institute produces the Global Peace Index which is the first ever study to methodically rank the nations of the world by their peacefulness and to identify potential drivers of peace. The GPI has become a valued resource and is used by academics, think tanks and governments around the world.
12 years ago