This map shows dietary macronutrient composition per person. The dietary energy consumption per person is the amount of food, in kcal per day, for each individual in the total population.
- World: 2780 kcal/person/day (Carbohydrates: 63%, Proteins: 11%, Fats: 26%)
- Developed countries: 3420 kcal/person/day Carbohydrates: 53%, Proteins: 12%, Fats: 34%
- Developing World: 2630 kcal/person/day Carbohydrates: 67%, Proteins: 11%, Fats: 23%
- Sub-Saharan Africa: 2240 kcal/person/day Carbohydrates: 72%, Proteins: 10%, Fats: 19%
- Central Africa: 1820 kcal/person/day Carbohydrates: 75%, Proteins: 11%, Fats: 26%
Kilocalorie: A unit of measurement of dietary energy. One kcal equals 1,000 calories and one kJ equals 1,000 joules. In the International System of Units (ISU), the universal unit of dietary energy is the joule (J). One kcal = 4.184 kJ.
12 years ago